Sunday, May 31, 2009

Product Review: Barbara’s Bakery Wheat Free Fig Bars



I don’t typically buy things that are in a package. I was out of the house one day without food (bad planning on my part) and needed something fast because it had been 6 hours since I ate breakfast and I was hungry. I needed to go grocery shopping so I figured I would grab something there for lunch. You know what happens when you go grocery shopping when you are hungry, right? I was in the organic packaged foods aisle and saw these cookies. I love figs so I thought I would read the label. It didn’t look too bad. So I decided to buy the cookies and give them a try. To my surprise they were amazing. I only buy a few packages a year, but they are great treat. The opened package keeps well in the refrigerator in a Ziploc bag (until my husband finds it).



I have copied the ingredient list and nutritional facts from the package below:

Ingredients: Fig Filling (Organic Fig Paste, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Citric Acid), Pineapple Juice Syrup, Oat Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Organic Fig Paste, Barley Flour, Date Paste, Raisin Juice Concentrate, Soy Lecithin, Baking Soda, Salt

Nutritional Facts:

1 bar
Servings per container 18
Calories 60
Fat calories 0

Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 25 mg
Total Carbohydrates 13g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 8g
Protein 1g

Comments:

Both my husband and I like these cookies. They are sweet and “figgy” and the cookie is tender. If you see these, and like figs, pick up a bag. I think you will like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails